Vitis include directory error/modified DDR code Eclypse Z7 Zmod 1410

Xband

Question

Hi, 

I have what seems to be a working hardware design with the Zmod 1410 scope module (see below).  My thought then was to modify the DDR example code removing all references to "triggering" (I don't care about that at this point) and recycle the multi S2MM_cyclic_transfer_test example.  

I created a new "helloworld" application in Vitis, copied the main.c from the above application and rebuilt the project.  Then added what seemed to be relevant libraries in the main.c file.  

I did this 2 times and am having the same problem with the UserRegister path, I've built and cleaned the project, the cleaned  version looks like it should run but then cannot find a valid platform when I try to launch from the Debug hardware option.  Seems to be the same path issue for both versions, I was worried the "datatrans_" directory path was causing some problem so built the new "axidata" version.  

The scope below shows a 1MHz sine wave with 100MHz ADC sample from the Zmod and the lower sawtooth is a DSP accumulator.  These seem ok before the AXI stuff happens is why I claim the hardware design is ok.  

Any ideas on what could be the problem? 

Thanks, 

Error:

Error while launching program: 
The platform 'C:/GitHub/WN_Zmod/Vitis_notrig/design_1_wrapper_1/export/design_1_wrapper_1/design_1_wrapper_1.xpfm' used by the system project 'axidata_system' is not valid.
The platform 'C:/GitHub/WN_Zmod/Vitis_notrig/design_1_wrapper_1/export/design_1_wrapper_1/design_1_wrapper_1.xpfm' used by the system project 'axidata_system' is not valid.

Description Resource Path Location Type

Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\..\GitHub\WN_Zmod\Vitis_notrig\datatrans_\Debug\_sdk\bsp\ps7_cortexa9_0\include). datatrans_ pathentry Path Entry Problem

Description Resource Path Location Type

Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\..\GitHub\WN_Zmod\Vitis_notrig\design_1_wrapper_1\export\design_1_wrapper_1\sw\design_1_wrapper_1\standalone_ps7_cortexa9_0\bspinclude\include). axidata pathentry Path Entry Problem

image.png.171bd6f6a7d82793c89c2e26cd7053ab.png

image.png.fd1906acde1b6596e955ac7753e3bb04.png

image.thumb.png.f9845be4995ec7e89aa714cda096ef27.png

Edited by Xband
clarify

1 answer to this question

Hey, sorry for the delay.

Unfortunately, whenever I've seen invalid xpfm files, I've needed to recreate a workspace... Speculating, but it's possible that copying or moving a workspace directory from one place on your system to another could cause it.

It's great that the hardware project is working!

Thanks,

Arthur