Currently using DASYLab 13 and looking at upgrading to DASYLab 2022_1.

DJP_MattE

Question

We are currently using DASYLab 13 and are looking at upgrading to DASYLab 2022_1.

Where can I find the steps for installing the 28-day evaluation copy so my team can test the software's full capabilities? I installed it based on a small amount of direction from a Digilent sales representative. I am getting some errors when we run a test on some water-tested metering tips. I am not sure if I have the software installed correctly.

2024-03-26_12-38-13.jpg.87ff2c973afe830fafb6ebf2d1dc7309.jpgScreenshot2024-03-26133729.png.3a671abd6d23704554f58487e2253225.pngScreenshot2024-03-26133905.png.eba40f7d289b486d9f0e40fb0878201e.png

Edited by DJP_MattE
add screenshots

22 answers to this question

You have an IOtech PersonalDaq/54, which was also sold as the Omega OMB-DAQ-54. To get it working with DASYLab, you must first install the Personal DaqView program because it installs the Windows driver. Once you have done this, plug your device into the USB port and make sure the power LED stays on. If the LED goes dark after 30 seconds, the USB port is incompatible with the device. Updating your computer's BIOS and motherboard drivers may help if you can get Windows 10 support from HP. 

To evaluate DASYLab, run the Configurator and, on the first page, check the Install Evaluation Version. To add support for your device, copy the attached file to \Program Files(x86)\DASYLab 2022.1_en\pool\packages\. Rerun the Configurator, and select the Packages tab. In the Available Packages, open Unsupported Drivers and enable the IOtech PersonalDaq support.

IOtechPDAQ5x.14.0.0.0.en.dlp

Good morning, JRys.

I followed the directions you provided to install the Personal DaqView program. The power LED stays on. I went to evaluate DASYLab, ran the Configurator, and, on the first page, checked the Install Evaluation Version. I added support for your device and copied the attached file to \Program Files(x86)\DASYLab 2022.1_en\pool\packages\. I reran the Configurator and selected the Packages tab. I opened Unsupported Drivers in the Available Packages and enabled the IOtech PersonalDaq support.

I rebooted the computer and opened a DASYLab DSB file (See screenshot). 

As DASYLab starts to execute, I receive the following error: iotdcDASY: The (“ . XML) hardware configuration file associated with this DASYLab worksheet cannot be opened. Worksheet will attempt to load using configuration currently in memory.

When I click OK on the above error, it repeats two more times while all of the modules start opening. (See screenshots)

Then, since it doesn't appear to open my file, I close the DASYLab application. I am receiving additional errors as I close the application. (See screenshots)

Thank you, and I patiently await your response.

DASYLabFullyOpen.jpg

DasyLabOpen.jpg

iotdcDASY3Times.jpg

testFileDasyLab.jpg

CloseDasyLabAndSaveWorsheet.jpg

Open Packages->Data Acquisition in the Available Devices Configurator window and unselect the Omega Engineering OMB driver. This should remove the XML messages.

In the top image you provided, I can see that the Worksheet opened in DASYLab 2022. So, what do you mean when you say it appears not to have opened the file?

The Omega Engineering OMB/OM driver was already unchecked, JRys. (See screenshot)

It doesn't open in the same manner as our old version, which is probably why it doesn't look open to me or the operator.

OmegaEngOMB-OM.jpg

The Omega and Newport drivers are copies of the IOtech driver, so you can deactivate them all. You also don't need IVI, Measurement Computing, or the Soundcard drivers. The only requirement is the Unsupported->IOtech PersonalDaq driver.

Hello John. Have you had an opportunity to find a solution for the ODBC error message? My trial is for 26 days, and we have yet to perform a successful test on the evaluation copy of DASYLab 2022_1.

Please advise.

Regards, Matt

The error indicates that your ODBC database is missing. Get the database from the computer that ran DASYLab 13. Once you have it, use the ODBC Data Sources (32-bit) tool (in the Windows Control Panel Administrative Tools) to make it visible to the DASYLab ODBC module.  If it's an Excel worksheet, select Excel Files and press Add. 

image.png

The data source name is listed in the DASYLab ODBC module. Once you have the name, start the ODBC Data Source Administrator, select the ODBC name, and press the Configure button to display the setup panel with the filename and path.

Hello John. If I understand correctly, you tell me to open DASYLab 13.0 to find the ODBC module's data source name. This will be under the modules drop-down menu and under the files menu item. Is this correct? None of the submenus open, and I cannot see the ODBC file path.

ModuleMenu.jpg.abe10c839aa124fd20ce70c4d3825293.jpg

The worksheet (.dsb) file is the program. Open it with DASYLab, and it will display the block diagram, which consists of modules (blocks) wired together. OBDC modules are not wired to other modules; they sit separately. Double-click the module to find the ODBC source name listed in the Data Source section.  This is the name you look for in the ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit) to locate the file. Move the file to your new computer and register it with the ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit). Hopefully, there's only one. 

Also, check your Write Data modules to ensure it's using a valid path. Write Data is used to save acquired measurement data to a file. 

John, based on your explanation, this is not working for me. I can open a worksheet but immediately get an error stating, "The module is unknown. You may load and store but not execute the worksheet." I can click the "OK" button in the error, and DASYLab opens, but there isn't a block diagram. Nor are there any module blocks wired together. Also, I do not see the ODBC source name listed in the data source section.

When I click on the Write data module, I receive what appears to be a bucket with a plus sign flashing rapidly on the screen in one area repeatedly until I click somewhere to stop it.