waveforms rpm package can not find installed qt5-qtbase package

aminoh

Question

I would like to install WaveForms software on an openSUSE Tumbleweed, version 20240314 but I am facing an unmet dependency error as such :

nothing provides 'qt5-qtbase' needed by the installed digilent.waveforms-3.22.2-1.x84_64

image.png.5ea7422eabbaaa2bfd9c258c7124a458.pngbut I know I installed the dependency. You can see it in this screenshot below. (The `i` and `i+` under `S` column means the package is installed)

image.png.b42d0058482b38c4cfaa85a544b0f9b5.png

I tried to unpack the *.rpm file and fix it there but so far I couldn't. I wonder is this a known bug? and if so is there a fix for this?

6 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

@attila 

Thanks , though I installed those three you mentioned and still I get the same error message. I wonder if these installation prerequisites are documented anywhere I could take a look at? Would you refer me to such a document please?

ps. I even installed the development files for those packages you mentioned, i.e, these ones:

• libqt5-qtmultimedia-devel
  • libqt5-qtscript-devel
  • libqt5-qtserialport-devel

but the same error message shows up after all :/

Edited by aminoh
more information

Hi @aminoh

If the libqt5 multimedia, script and serialport are installed the 'base' is already installed.
(All these dependencies should be installed automatically when installing waveforms, but it looks like suse would need different requisite naming.)
Try to install waveforms with force, option 2

Thanks @attila,

My main objective of installing the Waveforms software was to see if I can successfully install the software before making a purchase. Given that, forcing the installer is not really going to help me with my objective because even if I manage to install the GUI and grant it I am not aware of whats going on under the hood, I end up making an order but there is a chance it wont communicate with my machine simply because I force installed the waveforms.

I wonder if at this point, I can try another approach.

Hi @aminoh

The package naming is different in various rpm repos, like libQt5Something5 or libqt5Something5 or qt5-something-5
This problem will be solved later since it requires updating the build machines. Until then, for some distributions, the packages need to be installed manually.