Variable zoom in Logic Window

PhilipJ

Question

Hi,

the Waveforms program is really good at capturing a great deal of data, particularly when analyzing communications traffic on SPI . I am trying to find a good way, having captured a LONG buffer, to step through "transactions e.g.

image.png.46de250c0126845b5f90e11d5bdcbbb6.png

The problem I'm having is that I can't zoom the Logic View so that it shows just one transaction (as shown in the picture above).

Also, when I use the Next Event/Previous Event features (the blue arrows at the ends of the waveforms) they don't always jump to show a full transaction. I'm using them on the Chip Select waveform (the 2nd one down in the picture above) and I would like them to ALWAYS bring a falling edge to, say, 10% into the Logic View.

So my questions are:

1) Could we have a "Zoom select" option for the window? Scrolling with the mouse wheel is great but the jumps in scale it makes aren't always suitable for what I want to see whereas a "drag a bounding box" type zoom would be perfect.

2) Could those blue arrow "next event" options be configured to always choose a rising edge or a falling edge?

3) Could that "jump to next event" be programmed to bring the event to a SPECIFIC point on the screen (say 10% or 90% of the view width  depending on whether you use Next or Previous).

Sorry, if this has been covered and I've missed it in the documentation

regards

PhilipJ

2 answers to this question