digilent adept runtime package header is not signed

aminoh

Question

My objective is to try the WaveForms software before making a purchase. I have an openSUSE installed on machine. First I am supposed to install the digilent.adept.runtime-2.27.9-1.x86_64 which I can do with this command:

`sudo zypper install PATH_TO_RPM_FILE`

though I receive an error message stating:

Package header is not signed!
digilent.adept.runtime-2.27.9-1.x86_64 (Plain RPM files cache): Signature verification failed [6
-File is unsigned]

image.png.111869eec65350e4d7e24860ce9055ce.png

14 answers to this question

@aminoh

I briefly looked into this and resolving this issue seems fairly straight forward. I believe we just need to generate a GPG key, sign the package, and publish our public key on our website so that users can import it. Which version of OpenSUSE are you running? I'd like to spin it up in a VM verify the process.

Thanks,
Michael

@aminoh

I was having trouble getting OpenSUSE to work in VMWare so I was unable to verify that the error goes away. However, I have signed and re-uploaded all of the RPM and DEB packages for the Adept Runtime and Adept Utilities to our website. You will need to import our public GPG key, which I've attached here. Hopefully, that key will be published on our website soon.

Thanks,
Michael

digilent_public_key.asc

21 hours ago, malexander said:

@Kevin.C

The GPG keys are on the download page next to the software they are applicable to:

image.png

Hey @malexander, just now seeing this! 

I'm unable to where exactly this is available after surfing through multiple download pages. Could you provide a link for Digilent Waveforms?