DASYlab Modbus and ADAM-4150 Digital I/O. Inputs work, outputs don't.

David T.

Question

I have a simple DASYlab 12 Program that I can not activate any outputs on an ADAM-4150 Digital I/O module.

The digital inputs work fine.   I have Channel 0 set up as a counter. To set up CH0 as a counter I used the Advantech utility program.

However, I am not able to clear the counter.  I am also not able to activate Digital Output 0. 

I have tried both Digital and Analog outputs for the module.

1. The status displays correctly but it does not function on the Digital I/O module.
  2. Register 00017 is Digital Output 0
  3. Register 00033 is Counter Mode CH0 - (Start=1, Stop = 0)
  4. Register 00034 is Clear Counter CH0 - (Clear = 1)

How do I make digital output 0 work?

How do I clear the digital input 0 counter?

Rain_DASYlab.JPG

ADAM-4150 Modbus Mapping.docx

DASYlab_ADAM-4150_Test.DSB

Edited by David T.
Add DASYlab Program

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately, I don't have access to Modbus equipment, so I cannot test your worksheet. However, if the serial port Modbus is similar to the Ethernet Modbus, setting the Startbyte to 16 and enabling bitwise operation will begin writing at 17. A customer confirmed that it writes the following location. Otherwise, setting Startbyte to 17 starts at 136 because a byte is 8 locations. Use bitwise and try updating 16 and 17 to see if either works. 

47 minutes ago, JRys said:

Unfortunately, I don't have access to Modbus equipment, so I cannot test your worksheet. However, if the serial port Modbus is similar to the Ethernet Modbus, setting the Startbyte to 16 and enabling bitwise operation will begin writing at 17. A customer confirmed that it writes the following location. Otherwise, setting Startbyte to 17 starts at 136 because a byte is 8 locations. Use bitwise and try updating 16 and 17 to see if either works. 

Will give it a try.

That worked!!!!  Thanks for the help.   I was treating each register location in the table, as a 16-bit byte, not an individual bit. Changing the start Byte to multiples of 16bits worked great.