best fit software and devices that use for belt furnace profiles semiconductor.

myletin

Question

13 answers to this question

Could you share the requirements? For instance, how many channels are required, and how quickly will they be able to sample? Do you require channel isolation because you will attach grounded thermocouples to metal surfaces? A grounded thermocouple has the bare wire exposed at the temperature end. Is the furnace electric, and what is the temperature range? Remember that I'm not an expert in measuring temperatures in a belt furnace. 

Appreciate your help. I'm not an expert also. lol

So we have about 5 main furnaces are profiling monthly with the temperature range from 400 to 870°C. We are only using CHANEL0 and sample at every 5 seconds. this is how we setup the digital recorder, 1 side connect to this board and the other tip of the thermocouple travels through the furnace. And we have 1 Tablet with DAQami and 1 Laptop with TracerDAQPro to verify and record the temperature. Don't know why we use 2 software so now we are looking into it and try to use 1 only. 

image.png.eef58ff223e00dffe3e9acc733895c1c.png

image.png.c08aacfc53069964a43c304435d4e872.png this is example of how the data looks like

Forgot 1 thing. After the operator runs the profile and gets the reading data as above. they will save it and Engineer will review the profile to determine if it's good to use for production or no. If we can customize the software with all of the Engineering inputs and operator just load the base requirements then run the profile => the results come out already analyze and compare to give the operator the result that good or no. That will be the best. Can you advise if you have something likes that?

Either software package will work for your application. However, I prefer DAQami because running InstaCal is not required. We offer the DASYLab software, which has many more capabilities depending on your chosen level. DASYLab will allow you to do the math on the data in real-time. You could use the reference curve feature to qualify the data in real-time. First, you must generate the reference curve data consisting of minimum, mean, and maximum curves. The data is saved to a file using the reference curve tool. In the chart recorder display, you specify the reference curve file. When data is collected, it will be shown with the reference curves. The operator can then visually check to ensure the data remains with the maximum and minimum curves before giving the belt furnace a passing grade. DASYLab BASIC or better is required for the reference curve feature. 

We are not only look at the graph but mostly the soak time at each point. Here is 1 example of what we need to do after we have the raw data.  Like this furnace, we need to verify the soak time at 280°C, 310°C & 350°C and the peak temp. Can the DASYLAB takes over all of this calculation & analysis?

image.thumb.png.ad9c274ddaab847a5c217e856a35b0b5.png

DASYLab can use DDE to send the temperature measurements to an Excel spreadsheet. If you have an existing spreadsheet with formulas, it can put the data into a specific column. Periodically, the operator could recalculate the spreadsheet, which would update the time-temperature requirement table. This may allow the operator to check if it is meeting the requirements. Otherwise, it may be better to consider creating a custom app with Python for an automated test.

DASYLab is enabled using a serial number code. Without a code, it can run as an evaluation for 28 days. The evaluation is the unlimited PRO version. You need only the LITE version ($499) for your application to acquire, view, and log data. It also has the DDE module. The DASYLab 2020 installation program can be downloaded using the following link

Posted (edited)

I wonder if TracerDAQpro and DAQami that we are using right now also have DDE module, or no? 

Can I try the 2022 version instead of 2020 you gave me?

image.png.a34319e0c31fb2421024b3bead600677.png

Edited by myletin

Hi. I let my Engineering team test DASYLab and they don't know how to setup to make it work with our device and read the data the way we want. Can you please give us instruction how to setup and put the math to calculate into the software (trial version till)?

Before starting, configure your device using the InstaCal utility. Make sure it's closed before starting DASYLab.

Next, run the DASYLab Configurator utility, select the Packages tab, and open Data Acquisition. Find the Measurement Computing driver and enable it. Closing the Configurator will start an installation program. When it gets to the Destination panel, press the Change button and change the path to reflect DASYLab 2022.1_en instead of DASYLab. When the installation is finished, start DASYLab and review this video. It will demonstrate the fundamentals. To add calculations, use the Formula module. There is also a Scale module for simple mx+b linear conversion. I've also attached a DDE example that demonstrates how to use it to transfer data to Excel. Load the example spreadsheet using Excel before starting DASYLab, then run the example DASYLab worksheet. If all goes well, you should see live data entered into Excel. 

DDE-Example.xls DDE-EXCEL_V14.DSB