DASYlab Modbus and Advantech Adam Modules

David T.

Question

Hello,

I am working on an application that monitors a tipping bucket rain gauge.  I have four modules on a Modus/RS-485 network.  Three analog input modules (ADAM-4119) and one 15ch digital I/0 Module (ADAM-4150).  

The time it takes for the digital input, DI0, to be read is ~550mS.  In this time the tipping of the bucket can be missed.  The ADAM-4150 has a very nice latch function that would be perfect.  I could read the input and then clear it if it reads high.  The ADAM Utility program works great capturing tips and then manually clearing them.  

My problem is I don't know how to clear the latched input using Modbus. 

Can anyone provide help on how to clear a latched input with Modbus?  I would attach my current DASYlab worksheet but I don't have a place with a URL to host the image.

Thanks for reading my post!   

David Troike

Q-LAB Corp.

Westlake, Ohio

dtroike@q-lab.com

Edited by David T.
Added Email address if someone want to send me an image.

2 answers to this question

You could contact Advantech regarding how their utility program works. They should be able to tell you the register/value that must be written to reset the latch. It might be that the inputs are mirrored on the output side (coils), and writing 0 to the corresponding output resets the latch. 

On 3/11/2024 at 2:48 PM, JRys said:

You could contact Advantech regarding how their utility program works. They should be able to tell you the register/value that must be written to reset the latch. It might be that the inputs are mirrored on the output side (coils), and writing 0 to the corresponding output resets the latch. 

I contacted Advantech and they were not able to help me other than to point me to where I could find the register table.  I did do that but was not successful in making it work.  I posted another question on this forum that includes the table and the program I wrote to make it work.