Scope to Digital Option Question

jcorleto

Question

I am looking to purchase an Analog Discovery Pro, not sure which unit yet but I am currently comparing between the ADP2230 and the ADP3250. The signals I am interested in are Manchester encoded UART signals that are riding along a DC power bus. That means voltage level swings between 10V (high level) and 5V (low level).

I noticed in the reference manual for the ADP2230 that there is a Scope to Digital option. Moreover, I noticed the sentence "Configurable threshold voltages can be individually selected for each channel.".

With that being said, my questions are as follows:

1) With Scope to Digital option, can I set the voltage high level to be 10V and the low level to be 5V by configuring the thresholds?

2) If answer to Q1 is Yes, can I also decode Manchester encoded bits?

3) If answer to Q2 is Yes, what is the convention of Manchester encoding supported? Meaning can I configure a '1' to be high-to-low ("normal encoding") or '1' to be low-to-high ("IEEE encoding").

4) Can I set the decoder to show binary, hex and, ascii as different options?

The Scope to Digital option looks to be a great feature for a device like this and it would help me out tremendously for this project I am on currently. If this device can do all of these things, I am ready to purchase 2 units pretty soon afterwards as the funding has been approved.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

2 answers to this question