JTAG-HS3 Programmer Suddenly Stopped Working With Vitis 2022 and Zynq 7000

user1123

Question

Hi,

I am using JTAG-HS3 Rev.A programming cable to debug the Zynq7000 SoC with Vitis 2022. The JTAG cable used to function correctly but has suddenly stopped being detected by the Vitis tool. After some troubleshooting, I found that the problem is related to the JTAG cable and not related to the Zynq7000 SoC or Vitis tool. I've confirmed this by testing the setup with an alternate JTAG-HS3 Rev.A cable, and everything functions correctly. The faulty JTAG cable is associated with the following FTDI driver on Linux

• Bus 001 Device 018: ID 0403:6014 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232H Single HS USB-UART/FIFO IC

Can anyone help me identify what might have gone wrong and guidance on how to restore the JTAG cable functionality?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Hi @user1123,

The lsusb output looks fine. Could you also provide what dmesg shows when you plug in the device? An example of what you might expect to see is provided in this thread here:

Though realistically if you have a second module that works, it is unlikely to be a driver specific issue. In anticipation of this, I have sent you a private message with some instructions on restoring the EEPROM.

Thanks,
JColvin