Masue the magnitude and phase angles of the voltages Vs, V1, V2, Vr using the scope function. I need help

zyraf30

Question

2 answers to this question

Hello,

I haven't looked too closely at the circuit on your breadboard to see if it matches the circuit in your lab worksheet, but I'm presuming that this material wants you to use the Network Analyzer instrument within the WaveForms software, as this directly measures the magnitude and phase of the signals relative to your reference signal (Vs, as that the source) and of course uses both the analog inputs (the Scope) and the analog output (the AWG) to create and measure the frequency sweep across the circuit.

Naturally, I don't know what your course professor is exactly looking for, but I would personally use the Network Analyzer with a setup similar to this:

image.png

where I put the Start and Stop frequency both at 5 kHz (the percentage values at the bottom of the plot indicate how far the AD2 is with its 151 steps at the frequency) and set the amplitude to 4.5 V as that creates a +- 4.5 V sine wave.
As per the diagram in the upper right, I would put W1 (wavegen channel 1) and the 1+ (scope channel 1+) at point Vs in your circuit and leave them there throughout the measurements as this source signal is what you would be comparing all of the other results with to see how the phase and magnitude have changed from the original (source) signal.

2+ (scope channel 2+) I would then put at V1. Scope Channels 1- and 2- would be connected to ground. Then run the Network Analyzer at the various requested frequencies and put Scope Channel 2+ at the various contact points (V1, V2, and Vr) until you have gotten all of the requested values.

Thanks,
JColvin