Waveforms Beta Version Bug?

s4fq7

Question

Hey Digilent,

I was recently trying out some of the beta releases of waveforms including 3.21.22 and 3.21.30 and I ran into an issue that doesn't exist on the stable release 3.21.3 or earlier versions. When you unplug your hardware all the renamed digital pin labels get renamed to DIN0-32 or DIO0-32 instead of retaining there names. This is problematic for me as I am routinely unplugging my AD2 and swapping them between multiple workspaces using multiple wiring harnesses for monitoring different boards. It means that I now need to make sure I save a all workspaces/projects before I unplug an AD2 and that I open the new workspace before I plug it back in otherwise I will lose all my labels on my data analyzer tabs. If possible it would be really great if you could keep the old functionality where it retained the label names on digital pins unless of course you connect a device that doesn't support them at which point all the pins disappear anyways. Clearing the names when the device disconnects makes things a bit more tedius if you are hot swapping your AD2 between different workspaces and wiring harnesses.

Also in the future where is the appropriate place to comment on beta related issues?

Thanks again for the great software and continued support of your old devices!

Edited by s4fq7

3 answers to this question

On 2/24/2024 at 1:12 AM, attila said:

Hi @s4fq7

Thanks so much I've tested it and it seems fixed. You guys are the best!, awesome support for an awesome product, AD2 is still single handedly the most compact versatile tool I own, I've done so much with it that would have required like 3 other tools :)