Arty S7 Not Powering On

Jack Priddy

Question

Hello,

I purchased the Arty S7 this past December and have used it for several projects without issue. Today, after I was unplugging some jumper cables from the gpio pins, I tried plugging in my Arty S7 into my computer through the micro usb port as I have usual done, but none of the lights turn on and it doesn't appear to be getting power. I have tried several cables and power sources, so it is an issue with the FPGA itself. Are there other troubleshooting issues I should be aware of or anything else I can do?

2 answers to this question

Hi @Jack Priddy,

Realistically there isn't much else you can try; if you have tried both externally powering the device and other cables, presuming the board (likely the regulator) was functional, you would have seen at least the Power Good LED (next to the barrel jack) light up as it only turns on once the other voltage rails are successfully enabled.

Since you purchased the board last December which is within the 1 year warranty, https://digilent.com/shop/shipping-returns/#warranty, and have otherwise not used the board in a non-intended fashion, I would consider the board to be eligible for replacement.

Presuming you purchased the board from Digilent, please send me a private message with the following information:

- Order Number
- Purchase Date
- Serial number of the board (located on the barcode on the underside of the device starting with the character 'D')
- preferred email address

I will then get the information to our Sales team who will reach out to you to confirm any additional details that I don't have access to (such as shipping address).

If you instead purchased the board form a distributor (Element14, RS Components, Amazon, etc) you will need to contact them to determine their own RMA process. They will work with Digilent separately as needed, but feel free to use this thread as evidence as having worked with a Digilent engineer.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hey, I purchased it from Amazon, but to my knowledge they only offer a one-month return policy. Does the warranty not extend to them, and if not, is there nothing else I can do to replace it? I have tried both power ports with 5V but neither caused the power LED to light up.

Thanks,

Jack Priddy