Can i use analog discovery 3 as a SPI slave?

satyakam

Question

9 answers to this question

Hi @attila,

I've just read this post that interest me. I'm trying to communicate via SPI between a Raspbery Pi and the Analog Discovery 2. The Raspberry is the master of communication, so I'd like to use the AD2 as slave.

From the Waveform I correctly receive data over SPI with the Protocol Analyzer tool. I'm trying to use the Waveform SDK to receive data and, after correctly received, send data over SPI. Is it possible to use AD2 as slave using SDK? 

Thanks in advance,

Marco

Hello Attila,

Thank you for the prompt solution. I tried to use the beta version with AD3 as slave, it is keep sending the first byte repeatedly instead of sending the pattern in the response. 

I was trying to use it for 32bytes data transfer. I have attached the pic for your reference. I used MISO with 16bytes but it behaves the same for 32bytes. 

Thanks,

satyakam.

AD3_SPI_Slave.JPG

Hi @satyakam

The MISO words are returned in order starting with the first one, after each CS activation.
In your case the CS is activated multiple times for one word length every time.
You could set the Select to none so the words are returned in order regardless of CS.

Hello Attila,

Yes, you are right. The CS is activated every byte and that is how my settings are. After making the Select to None, it works as expected. 

Thank you for adding the support for the spi slave in the Waveform software. 

Satyakam.