Custom Frame Generating when Triggered with Analog Discovery 2

mkiremitci

Question

Hi all,

I hope you are well. I need a script which generates a frame (10 bits) when a rising edge detected on a signal. So, Analog Discovery 2 must detect the rising edge and then generate a frame. 

I researched about how can I achieve this goal with Analog Discovery 2 and I see there are 2 options:

1. WaveForms Script (JavaScript based)

2. WaveForms-SDK

Is it possible to achieve this goal with Waveforms Script? I couldn't understand the trigger mechanism. In Version 3.1.5 of WaveForms is too poor about giving information about this topic. Can you give me a hand to start on this? Any information, or example? (I see the examples of last version WaveForms)

Best Regards,

Mert KİREMİTCİ.

3 answers to this question

Hi @miketranch

Thanks for your answer. I want to create the frame when every rising edge captured on the another input signal. I belive that, I cannot catch the timing with my own without automation. Do you still have same idea? I am asking that because of I don't know the Digital Pattern Generator well.

Best Regards,

Mert. 

Hi @mkiremitci

The Pattern Generator can be triggered by external trigger IOs or internal triggers, like for analog signals configure the trigger in the Oscilloscope and in Patterns select 'Scope Detector' or for complex digital trigger condition configure the trigger in Logic Analyzer and in Patterns select "Logic Detector".

See the Help tab for more information.

image.png

image.png

image.png