Pmod HB3 replacement

MrBil

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi @MrBil,

The Pmod DHB1 is not a true direct replacement. A list of differences that I came up with is below:

• The 100 mil spaced pin header to connect to the host board is different (the Enable and Direction have switched places).
  • The supported continuous current drain is slightly less -- 1.5 A per H-Bridge instead of up to 2 A per bridge. Correspondingly, the peak is also less.
  • The supported motor voltage is less -- 10.8 V rather than up to 12 V.

The main benefit of the Pmod DHB1 is that it is a dual H-bridge, so it can drive two motors simultaneously (each at 1.5 A continuous). Like the Pmod HB3, it also supports motor feedback.

Digilent otherwise does not have any true equivalent replacements for the Pmod HB3.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @MrBil,

The only motor controller that Digilent has is the Pmod DHB1, so if you are set on using a Pmod form factor, that is what I would recommend.

I am certain that there are various motor controller / driver / H-Bridge Raspberry Pi HATs that would also accomplish what you need. I don't know how many DC motors you want to control or what voltage & current those motors require (nor am I familiar with this sort of product offering at large) so I don't have any specific recommendations in that space.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin