USB-1808X and DASYLab software question

Dzas

Question

Hello, I want to read position data on a quadrature encoder from my USB-1808X these seem to be all the options available, what configuration I have to choose to get angular position of the encoder? The encoder pins are connected to ENC0A and ENC0B.

Best regards.

Capture.PNG.bbb6c2728456f361175389d11d689369.PNG

3 answers to this question

Hello @Dzas.

Copy the following settings to get angular position of your encoder.  My encoder has a specification of 360 pulses per revolution.  The Z-index mode is used to reset the (degrees) counter.  Do you have a data sheet with specifications for your encoder? 

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

This is my encoder's data sheet and its model is 8235 shown in the image below. When I try to use the settings you have shown I only get some oscillation between 0 and some random value as shown in the image below. How do I get the count value to use for calculating how much the encoder has turned which is supposed to increase the count number in clockwise and decrease it ccw. 

Best regards

IMG_7099.jpg

Capture.PNG.f5fb175f22f65ad05729e444a2e980e9.png

OBSOLETE 835S (1) (1).pdf

Hello @Dzas.

If I'm reading your encoder's datasheet correctly, it would seem that the cycles per revolution spec is 22,500 pulses per revolution.  Use that value in the MCC Counter Input module's Angular Scale -  Pulses per Revolution field.

image.png

If you have a wheel attached to the encoder's shaft, then you can calculate and verify distance traveled.  Test the attached DASYLab 2022.1 (v16.1.0.665) worksheet.  Enter the diameter of the wheel (inches) when the worksheet launches.  Does the data agree with the expected distance traveled as a result of the shaft rotation(s)?

USB1808X-encoder-position_v1.DSB

Regards,

Fausto