Waveforms crashes when opening "Script" window

jostikas

Question

Hi!

Title says most.
The installation may be a bit messy, as I installed beta 3.21.19 for a while to get SWD support. I then discovered that a workspace I'd been using successfully to do production testing on my EExplorer failed to load.

I downgraded to 3.21.3 where the issue remained, then fully uninstalled (using Digilent Software uninstaller), then installed 3.20.1 where the issue remained ( and additionally, where StaticIO doesn't work on EExplorer) and am now at 3.21.2.

Trying to open Script crashes the app whether I:
* Open a workspace that contains Script
* Open Script from the Welcome menu
* Regardless of if I use a physical or demo device
* Regardless of which Demo device is selected

Weirdly enough, I did get the Script window to open sometimes (feels like a 10% chance) and it worked fine, but I've yet to find any rhyme in what steps of flailing around result in a functional Script window.

Another potential hint is that the SWD tab has remained available in the Protocol window, and the app seems to remember my "recently used workspaces". So it would seem the uninstall was not as thorough as one might hope.

Of course, this first manifested when I was trying to teach production how to use the test rig, but that's just life.

5 answers to this question

Workspace sent privately.

Additional info: I installed 3.21.22: On first run, the workspace opened successfully. I immediately closed the app, then tried to reopen the workspace, and it failed.

EDIT: 3rd and 4th attempt were successful, 5th failed. Fully stochastic AFAIKT :)

Edited by jostikas
Additional info

Okay, found it.
If this static configuration (in "C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\WaveForms\static.dwf3") is used, then the crash happens. When i renamed it and allowed waveforms to recreate it, the workspace now loads every time. Restoring this static config restores the bug.

static.dwf3