Options for impedance of oscilloscope channels

Oliver

Question

Hello,

I am looking to buy an Analog Discovery 3 with the BNC adapter board and I am wondering if there is a way to achieve a 50-ohm impedance oscilloscope channel, in addition to the default 1 MOhm channel on the Analogy Discovery 3. 

I understand the BNC gives additional features, including the option for AC and DC coupling for the oscilloscope channels, and a selectable output impedance for the AWG.

Is there another additional board I can purchase to achieve selectable impedance on the oscilloscope channels? Any help regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by Oliver

2 answers to this question

Hi @Oliver,

Unfortunately there is not such an option; the 1 MOhm impedance on the analog input channels is set within the PCB and does not have a jumper/relay option to change the input impedance. Because it's integrated into the PCB, an external add-on wouldn't be able to get around it.

At this time, Digilent does not have any devices that offer a selectable 50 Ohm input impedance instead of just the 1 MOhm. I will put in a request that this hardware detail is considered for any future test and measurement devices.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin