Impedance Calculations for Impedance Analyzer for Analog Discovery

ied97

Question

As part of a larger project, I am using the Impedance Analyzer with Wave Forms to get impedance and phase angle readings for my circuit. I would like to verify the math calculations that the Impedance Analyzer / WaveForms is making internally to get the output readings.

I have done some calculations by hand and gotten reasonable impedance values that roughly match the device output using the formula for a series RLC circuit and the values for capacitance and inductance given in the reference manual for a 1kOhm resistor and a frequency of 100Hz.

It would be very helpful if I could get confirmation that this is the correct impedance calculation for this device and circuit set up that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

image.png.d4d62ba2917c8d41b12872958a933e19.pngimage.thumb.png.d31fb4538809e543245e0fc8440fbede.png

2 answers to this question

Hi @ied97,

I've moved your thread to a different section of the Forum.

Regarding the specific calculations that WaveForms uses, this is documented in the Help tab within the Impedance section: image.png

There is some additional information regarding this (specifically how Rs and Xs are calculated) in this thread here:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin