sampling rate for analog discovery 2 data logger

analog123

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi @analog123,

To have more control over the sampling rate of the analog inputs, I would recommend that you use the Record mode feature of the Scope instrument.

You can either choose to Record to File (via the "Rec." option next to the Export button and below the Welcome tab), which will let you record data up to 1 to 2 MHz.

Or you can change the sampling mode from Repeated to Record to record data at a faster rate, but you will be limited to the buffer size of the Scope channel (8 Ki samples with the default configuration for the AD2) to use those higher sample rates, otherwise you'll need to drop the sampling rate to the 1 to 2 MHz for larger amounts of data.

This thread has some more information about recording with the AD2:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

I only need to record at 10Khz for 1hr or 2hr. I tried the rec to file function. It doesn't draw the trace while recording. when choosing to draw trace in the config tab, the display range can not be controlled or can't be shown as shift mode other than record mode. is there better visualization module while streaming the data out? could you suggest?

image.png.7159e87ed0823e364cb81abeffc019cc.png

image.png.964eced2438d12ac5aa489229bfd2891.png

Edited by analog123

Hi @analog123,

I don't think there is a way to get a better visualization while recording data, partially because recorded data is intended for post-processing rather than live viewing. As far as I am aware, you are not able to adjust the time parameters in the middle of an acquisition.

Are you looking for a particular condition to appear during the recording session (as opposed to just collecting the data for later analysis)? Depending on what you are looking for, you could likely set up an acquisition to collect data before and/or after a defined trigger condition (rising edge, pulse timeout, if it exceeds a voltage window, etc).

Thanks,
JColvin