Timeout error 5001 while using a custom command in LINX LabVIEW and Arduino IDE

minhlmao

Question

Hello, I am currently working on a small project which involve using Arduino, LabVIEW LINX, some motors and sensors. The LabVIEW code is use to display the data collected by the sensors, and also to send digital value to the Arduino. The Arduino code include the custom command and the code use to control the motors. In the LabVIEW program, I have to use a custom command because I have to display the value collected by the DHT11 Temperature and Humidity sensor, which could not be collected by just using a Digital Read function in LabVIEW. The following error always occur whenever I run my LabVIEW program. I guess there are some problem with the timeout but I could not know exactly what is the problem. i would be thankful if someone could tell me what I did wrong.

Screenshot 2023-12-14 223513.png

UploadCode.ino FinalVersion-Test.vi

Edited by minhlmao

1 answer to this question

Hi @minhlmao,

Digilent has not worked with LINX for a number of years. The best available support for it would be on the NI LINX Forum, https://forums.ni.com/t5/Hobbyist-Toolkit/bd-p/linx-toolkit.

That being said, from what I vaguely recall about the Error 5001 timeouts (I don't have LabVIEW installed anymore), I would recommend that you double check the serial port connection (Baud rate, COM port number, etc) and as well as what pins you are trying to have LabVIEW manipulate to make sure there isn't any conflicts with the Arduino code.

Thanks,
JColvin