LV-Link and Analog Discovery 3?

Leif

Question

4 answers to this question

Hello @Leif.

The LV-Link library was developed for Data Translation devices only.

Please reference the Getting Started with LabVIEW and a Test and Measurement Device guide.  

Additionally, the Digilent Waveform VI (Digilent_WaveForms_Frequency Sweep Generator and Acquisition (FGEN and MSO).vi) uses both the analog input channel and waveform generator channel to output a continuous sine wave.

Regards,

Fausto

Well, the solution in Digilent_WaveForms_Frequency Sweep Generator and Acquisition (FGEN and MSO).vi is not really what I would call a continuous acquisition, rather repeated or something similar as it has to be restarted all the time which causes gaps in the acquired signal.

What I'm looking for is something like the DAQmx function DAQmx Read.vi which can be used repeatedly without restarting the acquisition, while the sampling is still running.

Edited by Leif

Is there some way to avoid the gaps?

They cause me problems as I can't build a continuous signal from the waveform pieces I get from DWF MSO Read.vi.

We've also tried to solve this by using a Python script to access the more detailed trigger settings (and send the data to LabVIEW through UDP), but it seems like the AD3 have to wait for some time before being ready for the next trig (which causes a gap in the accumulated signal). Or have we missed some setting?

Hello,

I don't have LabVIEW installed, but by default the Analog Discovery 3 works on repeated acquisitions, which will result in a gap in the data; you can reduce between repeated triggered acquisitions in the WaveForms application or SDK by enabling Device Buffering, but I don't think this is directly supported within the LabVIEW VI set.

You would likely be wanting to use one of the Record mode examples; there are some additional threads on this topic here and here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin