QSPI: Trying to boot script at 3000000

vinod

Question

problem : QSPI: Trying to boot script at 3000000 -> ## Executing script at 03000000  -> Wrong image format for "source" command  -> QSPI: SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...

Good evening i am working on Zybo_Z7_10 board, presently i am booting the QSPI boot on the board. 

Actually my QSPI flash memory size is 16MB, so i am included fsbl, u-boot in BOOT.BIN

so my project procedure is 

1. created .xsa file without including bitstream(fpga) using vivado 2022.2 on petalinux 2022.2 version

2. using .xsa file created a preoject in petalinux and build that project and generated the images

3. using these images created BOOT.BIN and not included bitstream file

4. after generating BOOT.BIN, i flash BOOT.BIN and fsbl in to the board using vivado 2022.2 

5. once program is successfully done, i change the board jumper from jtag to qspi boot mode and powered on and opened minicom on the linux terminal and its bootingsuccessfully

6. but here problem is occured , that is 

SF: Detected s25fl128s with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 64 KiB, total 16 MiB
device 0 offset 0x9c0000, size 0x40000
SF: 262144 bytes @ 0x9c0000 Read: OK
## Executing script at 03000000
Wrong image format for "source" command
QSPI: SCRIPT FAILED: continuing..

7. from the above text : its showing

QSPI: SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...

8. actually i have done the partitions with suitable values only 

in -> Subsystem AUTO Hardware Settings → Flash Settings -> 

Primary Flash (ps7_qspi_0)  --->                                                                 
                             [ ] Advanced Flash Auto Configuration                                                             
                               *** partition 0 ***                                                                              
                             (qspi-boot) name                                                                                      
                             (0x790000) size                                                                                       
                                  *** partition 1 ***                                                                              
                              (qspi-kernel) name                                                                                   
                              (0xF80000) size                                                                                      
                               *** partition 2 ***                                                                                
                              (qspi-bootenv) name                                                                              
                               (0xFA0000) size                                                                                      
                                 *** partition 3 ***                                                                                
                             ()  name   

9. In u-boot Configuration → u-boot script configuration → QSPI/OSPI image offset

(0xA00000) QSPI/OSPI Kernel offset
(0x36680) QSPI/OSPI Kernel size   
 (0x1000000) QSPI/OSPI Ramdisk offset                                                             
(0x880000) QSPI/OSPI Ramdisk size                                                                    
(0xA80000) QSPI/OSPI fit image offset                                                                
(0x7E6680) QSPI/OSPI fit image size   

10. I did the following settings in primary flash and QSPI image offsets .

11. But my problem is not booting the kernel, and its showing :

QSPI: SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...

12. what can i do and where can i do changes not getting

13. as my knowledge : there is problrm in  ->  a. image offsets , b. boot script at 3000000, c. bootenv address settings 

14. what shoul i do, if any past projects please sendme .

expecting answer as soon as possible 

thank you

1 answer to this question

Hi @vinod

1. created .xsa file without including bitstream(fpga) using vivado 2022.2 on petalinux 2022.2 version

Is there a reason not to include bitstream in .xsa sicene you can avoid including it in BOOT.bin ?

4. after generating BOOT.BIN, i flash BOOT.BIN and fsbl in to the board using vivado 2022.2 

You should flash only BOOT.BIN. BOOT.bin should include the fsbl.

8. actually i have done the partitions with suitable values only 

You have to take into account how BOOT.BIN is organized since it should be reflected in partition scheme otherwise you have misalignment issues.

Boot order should be clear:
zsbl -> fsbl -> u-boot -> image.ub