reading 52 channels from 7 DAQ HATS using a Raspberrypi 4B module

ArjunNarayanan

Question

Hi

Can you please provide me a source code wherein i can read two or more daq 128 hats at the same time and log all the incoming data to a csv file simultaneously. I am attaching the example code which i have edited to read two hats at the same time and log the data into a csv file. Please go through the code and let me know where i have gone wrong.

Regards

Arjun

all channel scan with log

Edited by ArjunNarayanan

3 answers to this question

I'm sorry, but we do not have the resources to debug programs. However, please feel free to elaborate if you need help with a particular function. Are you able to read data when you run our multi_hat example? It is configured to read two channels from two boards and display the results. However, you'll need to be able to provide an external trigger to start the acquisition, and the external clock pins must be wired together. This is because the clock from the master board is used to drive other boards so that they work in lockstep. If you are struggling with this, you could configure both boards to run independently. Please look at the Continuous example to see how it is done.

Teaching Python file I/O is not something we provide. Review the attached Python code file, which uses the csv writer to create text data files. Documentation for the csv writer can be found here. I don't know how quickly csv can write to files, so starting with a slow sample rate is best.