FDwfDigitalI2cSpy Documentation

Testee

Question

I'm using the AD2 python sample "Digital_I2C_Spy.py" to monitor I2C activity. I don't see documentation in the SDK for FDwfDigitalI2cSpyStart or FDwfDigitalI2cSpyStatus. Has it just not been added to the SDK yet? (https://digilent.com/reference/software/waveforms/waveforms-sdk/reference-manual)

The spy status function includes "iNAK"; How should the iNak value be interpreted? (Does it allow us to differentiate between ACK/NAK? What do negative numbers mean?)

Thanks,
Test-EE

1 answer to this question

Hi @Testee,

The most up to date WaveForms SDK documentation (and functions referenced) is included within the WaveForms installation, most easily accessible from within the GUI in the Welcome tab which will open up the file location on your computer.
image.png

The two functions are then listed out (at least time of writing for the documentation included in 3.21.16 beta) on page 133. iNAK is defined as the "NAK index + 1. Negative values indicated error", with the NAK index better explained in the FDwfDigitalI2CWriteRead function on page 132.

The online material you referenced is not the most up to date; I will work on putting a more clear disclaimer about this on the Reference site as well as a date stamp of some kind.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin