USB TEMP with Thermistor not displaying correct temperature in degrees C.

RDJR

Question

Company recently purchased a USB-TEMP box. I configured the box using InstaCal with a single thermistor in input I1+ and I1- and entered the correct coefficients for this thermistor from the manufacturer (Vishay NTCLE213E3103FHB0). I used the test function to read the temperature and am reading values that do not make sense. I've confirmed the setup is correct with the Omega Technical support guy. I sent photos showing how I configured the box and attached the thermistor and there is no explanation as to why the readout temperature is incorrect. I replaced the thermistor and reconfigured the box for a thermocouple type T and it works fine. Is there anything else I should be looking at to try and make this work correctly.  I’m only using A1,B1 & C1 for the coefficients since InstaCAL only provides three entries max. I should be reading room temperature of about 22.8C but I get -145.450317. Should I be doing something different with this setup or is this box defective?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png.acc70b6c5b5258cb8eb34fa1e5c106b0.png

Edited by RDJR
added photo

1 answer to this question

InstaCal's USB-TEMP Configuration panel Help button provides some default coefficients. When I use them with a 10k ohm resistor connected between I+ and I-, I get about 10 degrees C. Your thermistor is 10k ohms at 25 degrees C, so it should provide a similar value. 

image.png