PCI-DIO24 to USB-DIO24

Goibnhiuu

Question

I have an old legacy hardware system that uses a MCC PCI-DIO24 card to interface with computers.

I'm experimenting with upgrading to a USB-DIO24, and I purchased a USB-DIO24H

In the previous application, I just needed to run InstaCal to identify the PCI card as board 0, and the firmware of the old hardware took things from there. I set up the USB-DIO24H card under the same assumption, and InstaCal found it fine, but when I launch my legacy firmware, it successfully identifies Board 0 as part of its usual boot-up check, but then it gets stuck, and I'm not sure why.

Should I expect the PCI-DIO24 and USB-DIO24 cards to be interoperable? Alternatively, are DIO24 and DIO24H systems incompatible?

Is there some likely fix I can attempt?

I realize that my issue is very vague. I'm hoping that I'm missing something very obvious.

I'm somewhat hopeful that the swap should be achievable, as the pins being used on the PCI-DIO24 are all present on the USB-DIO24; it's only using the Port A and Port B connections, plus the 5v and GND pins.

Edited by Goibnhiuu

4 answers to this question

The PCI-DIO24 and USB-DIO24H/37 are configured the same. They use the same parameters and functions to set port directions and to read/write them. However, the PCI-DIO24 is a few hundred times maybe a thousand times quicker. It isn't easy to provide further assistance without knowing what the software is doing.

Okay, I can add a small amount of additional information; here's a screenshot of the boot-up dialog for the device firmware. In a successful boot-up, it next reports CPU speed.

Looking at this again, I'm thinking this may actually be a problem interfacing with the operating system rather than the USB-DIO; it seems like the Priority Class and CPU speed seem like they might be features of the 32-bit application trying to interact with the PC itself.

Based on that my question is less about fixing the problem than about diagnosis. Again I realize that there's still very little information to work off, but does this seem like an issue that has anything to do with the USB-DIO at all? 

Info_Log_Not_Working.png