Genesys 2 FT2232 undocmented

Luigi

Question

We refer to "PC - FPGA Data Transfer (DPTI/DSPI)" function detailed into the Genesys User Manual

The IC20-FT2232 is clearly visible on the Genesys 2 Board but is  undocumented in board schematic, UCF connection are missing, In this approach This function is fully unusable.

Question 1: Can Anybody  provide details on  the IC20 Gost connectivity...!!!!.

Question 2: Is This port compatible  with ADEPT SDK??

Luigi

3 answers to this question

I have to answer to myself..... I discover the following signals data into xdc file. They seems to refer to the 'gost FTDI 2232 Port.

prog_clko
prog_d0/sck
prog_d1/mosi
prog_d2/miso
prog_d3/ss
prog_d[4]
prog_d[5]
prog_d[6]
prog_d[7]
prog_oen
prog_rdn
prog_rxfn
prog_siwun
prog_spien
prog_txen
prog_wrn

They seer

Luigi,

The answer to your first question is that part of the design is proprietary and we wouldnt be able to assist you with your issue. That is why that page of the schematic is left blank. Maybe someone in the community could help with your issue.  The answer to your second question is yes Adept SDK will work.

thank you,

Jon

To elaborate on Jon's answer, you should download the Adept SDK and refer to the included documentation for the DSPI and DPTI interfaces. They both work on the Genesys2, and the signals are mapped as found in the Genesys2 Master XDC. A DPTI example is included with the Adept SDK that you should find useful. You can download the Adept SDK here:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/software/adept/start?redirect=1id=digilent_adept_2

Archived