DasyLAB 11.0 crashing when USB-202 connected

SLee

Question

Now I have another issue..

I am trying to use DasyLAB 11.0 with USB-202 I recently purchased, and DasyLab 11.0 crashes whenever USB-202 is connected.

InstaCal works fine though.

InstaCal Version: 6.74

DAS: DasyLAB 11.0

dasylab crash.png

5 answers to this question

Hello @SLee.

With DASYLab v11 closed, does InstaCal v6.74 detect your USB-202 device?

Please note that DASYLab v11 is a legacy and unsupported version.  Additionally, Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7.

If you close InstaCal, disconnect the USB cable from the USB-202, and launch DASYLab, does DASYLab still crash?

With the USB-202 connected, what are the steps taken to reproduce the DASYLab crash?

Regards,

Fausto

Hello Fausto,

Thank you for your help.

Yes, InstaCal V6.74 detects USB-202 and I can check that it's working.

If DasyLAB 11.0 is opened before connecting USB-202, then it works fine; however, it won't be able to detect USB-202 if it's plugged afterwards and keeps asking me to open InstaCal to check the device. InstaCal works fine and detects USB-202 regardless of the order.

If I connect USB-202 first and then open DasyLAB 11.0, then it crashes.

I know that DasyLab V11 and Windows 7 are legacy software, but they work fine with all our NI daqs from 30-year-old legacy devices to PXI systems we recently purchased, so I thought it wouldn't have any issue with MCC daqs as well. Anyhow, any help would be very much appreciated.

Best,

Simon

@SLee,

Uninstall InstaCal v6.74 from that Windows 7 system.  Afterwards, using the following link, download the MCC DAQ software v6.55 to the host system and run the installation. 

https://files.digilent.com/archive/MCCDAQ_CD/Archive_6.55/mccdaq.exe

Once installed, please launch InstaCal to detect the USB-202.  If the USB-202 is detected by InstaCal, then close InstaCal and launch DASYLab v11.0.

Regards,

Fausto