Arty S7-25 JTAG pins

Jiri

Question

2 answers to this question

Of course there are JTAG pins on your FPGA board; it would be pretty useless without them as you couldn't be able to configure the FPGA. All programmable devices have dedicated pins for configuration on power-on so they don't appear on user constraints. The tools know where they are. I'd tell you to look at the schematic for your board, but Digilent has been removing that circuitry from it's schematics since it went to the FTDI USB bridge from a Cypress one.

As to how you might use MATLAB with this board, you'll have to pose that question to MATLAB technical support I'd imagine. Edited by zygot

Hi @Jiri,

I am not familiar nor have used the MATLAB flow so further questions about the connectivity and process flow would be best directed to MATLAB for the most accurate answers, but in terms of connecting over JTAG for FPGA-in-the-Loop you just need to use a microUSB cable as per the JTAG Connection Requirements table for Xilinx devices on the MathWorks site here: https://www.mathworks.com/help/hdlverifier/ug/what-is-fpga-board-customization.html#bt72ftg-1, since the Arty S7 already has an on-board USB-JTAG module implemented on it. 

Thanks,
JColvin