pdaqview working on Windows 11, but Excel add-in is not

JRed

Question

We have an IOTech Personal Daq/55 that works well for our needs. I recently installed the pdaqview software version 2.2.1 with 64 bit drivers on a new Windows 11 laptop and it is able to connect to the unit and communicate correctly. However, the Excel add-in that came with the software fails to load. I get a compile error in a hidden module, win32 notification, when I try to launch the add-in. I think this is due to 64 bit Excel trying to run a 32 bit add in.

Has anyone found a way to get the pdaqview software to talk to Excel in a 64 bit install?

Thank you for your help!

James

4 answers to this question

You guessed correctly. The PDaqView Excel add-in is a 32-bit VBA application, which requires an Excel version that is 32-bit. You may find the following helpful:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-between-the-64-bit-or-32-bit-version-of-office-2dee7807-8f95-4d0c-b5fe-6c6f49b8d261#:~:text=The 64-bit version of,Install Office on a PC.

I've uninstalled Office and installed 32-bit Office and that does allow the add-in to load. The custom menu and toolbar are visible on the add-ins tab in Excel. However, when I try to interact with the custom menu or the toolbar I get the spinning blue wheel and nothing else. Any ideas? Thanks,

James