Newbie Question

brianmcm

Question

I recently acquired the LabVIEW kit for Raspberry Pi. My goal is to learn the software to control motors, servos, etc... I understand that to be able to generate the necessary signal to the servo or dc motor requires a secondary board ,shield, for the Raspberry Pi. Can I get recommendations on various boards. I've controlled these devices in the past using others microcontrolle, but was interested in learning LabVIEW and working with the Raspberry Pi.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

IcoRating4.png?t=1466187043
Compare
  • LabVIEW Interaction Parts Kit box, oblique.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

I have moved your question to a more appropriate section within our Forum.

You do not need to have an additional board or shield in order to be able to run a servo or DC motor from a Raspberry Pi; it will be able to produce all of the necessary signals itself. Since you would be using LabVIEW (and LINX) to run the Raspberry Pi and interact with various devices, I would recommend checking out this tutorial series from LabVIEW MakerHub here. It is for the SparkFun Inventors Kit rather than the LabVIEW Interaction Parts Kit, but because of the way LabVIEW and LINX interact with each other, you will be able to develop the same code within LabVIEW, and tell LINX to target and program whichever board you are using. LabVIEW MakerHub has a tutorial series for getting LINX setup with a Raspberry Pi here.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived