VModWW schematic

Charlie_new

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi @Charlie_new,

Those pins are simply do not have any dedicated contact points on the VmodBB or the VmodWW. I do not know what might have prompted this decision back in 2010, or at least I can't think of anything reasonable.

Clearly the documentation surrounding it is incorrect as it falsely claims that there prototype connections on every signal, which is not true. Unless you counted manually soldering on wires to the individual pads for R10, R12, R14, R16, R18, and R20, but that would be tedious and frustrating. I also don't have a Vmod of any variety in my office to even be able to verify that those pads have traces to the IO pins in question.

To be honest, I was surprised to learn today that Digilent is still selling this product. If you purchased this product with the expectation of having access to those signals, I would recommend you pursue to return the product for a refund. I'll also put in requests to get the documentation updated.

If bought it from Digilent directly, please send me a private message with your order number, purchase date, and preferred email contact so I can get the RMA process started with our sales team where they will contact you to confirm any additional information that I do not have access to (such as shipping address).

Thanks,
JColvin