Demo for DAQami

Redzed

Question

There a digital board or mixed I/O board that is available to demo? It seems that the functionality I would like to try is for digital inputs and digital outputs. Unless there is something I missed.

Help would be appreciated.

Edited by Redzed

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, JRys said:

InstaCal's DEMO board does not simulate any particular device. It outputs waveforms such as sine, square, triangle, etc., on up to eight channels. It wasn't designed to simulate digital inputs and outputs. 

Yeah. Is there a way to see how counters or timing works? 

The USB-1808 has four counter inputs, two can measure frequency and pulse widths, and two can read encoders. Other devices, like the USB-1608G, have a counter channel that can count the number of TTL pulses applied to its input. The USB-200 series is another one that can count TTL pulses but a little else. What device do you have?

16 hours ago, JRys said:

The USB-1808 has four counter inputs, two can measure frequency and pulse widths, and two can read encoders. Other devices, like the USB-1608G, have a counter channel that can count the number of TTL pulses applied to its input. The USB-200 series is another one that can count TTL pulses but a little else. What device do you have?

Looking to use the USB-DIO96H. I am hoping to explore what DAQami offers and make sure it works. I can write my own interface if needed. I'm more focused on how DAQami operates and is presented. Ideally the USB-DIO96H could be selected as a board. At first glance the DEMO BOARD doesn't allow for configuring all features of DAQami. There are no simulated outputs and no digital. Is that accurate?

DAQami can provide panels with status LEDs for input bits and switches for outputs. You can also configure it to have multiple tabs, each with its own set of displays. If you're recording data,  DAQami saves each input line as a separate channel. A single 8-bit port will result in eight columns in the CSV file. 

image.png

1 hour ago, JRys said:

DAQami can provide panels with status LEDs for input bits and switches for outputs. You can also configure it to have multiple tabs, each with its own set of displays. If you're recording data,  DAQami saves each input line as a separate channel. A single 8-bit port will result in eight columns in the CSV file. 

image.png 

It appears that I have to purchase a DIO logger to test any of the digital functions in DAQami. This is because there is no support for digital I/O on the DEMO BOARD. Is there an actual USB-1408FS-Plus unit plugged into your PC for you to provide the above screenshot?

21 minutes ago, JRys said:

Yes, I plugged in a USB-1408FS-Plus.

The DAQami software is free of charge, so if it doesn't meet your requirements, you're not out any $$$.

That is the point actually. It cannot be fully evaluated without digital I/O. 

If my first question was answered directly I would have had my answer. But Hey, who reads nowadays?