Genesys 2 HDMI Demo Modification Issues

DBanks60

Question

I am trying to modify the HDMI Demo to do some video processing (scaling and image rotation).

My issue is that one I export hardware and Update Hardware Specification, I cannot get Vitis to build the SW application. I have also tried unsuccessfully to export and build the provided floorplanner project without any changes. 

The SW provided for the demo works fine, but I can never build from the Vivado generated .xsa file. I can build successfully using the Xilinx platforms, but none of them are for the Genesys 2 or Kintex-7.

The Vivado end seems to be fine--all my problems start over on the Vitis side. The "Update Hardware Specification" seems to go smoothly, but when I try to build the application, I get an error telling me that error files are missing. When I look at the Explorer window in Vitis, I can see that many files are missing.

There is a lot of traffic online about problems very similar to this, and I have tried all of the remedies I can find, but none of them do anything to solve the issue I'm having.

Can anyone provide any guidance here?

I'm using:

• Vivado ML Enterprise v2023.1.1, 64-bit, with the OEM_7K325T_DesignEd license that comes with the Genesys 2 voucher
  • Vitis IDE v2023.1.0 (64-bit)

1 answer to this question

HI @DBanks60,

I apologize for the long delay.

I don't have a design edition license on hand to test this out directly for the Genesys 2, but am familiar with the type of errors that I believe you are describing. Regardless, could you provide a screenshot of the errors you are seeing?

I didn't have to do this when I tried updating the hardware specification for a Cmod S7 XADC (picked that board simply because Vivado would generate a bitstream quickly for that device), but depending on the error type, you might have to update the Path and Symbols so that Vitis can find all of the included header files, as was the case for an FMC Zedboard project here: https://forum.digilent.com/topic/26801-fmc-pcam-demo-20231-1-path-entry-problem/#comment-81171.

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
JColvin