Waveforms not running on a Raspberry Pi 4

AaronD

Question

I downloaded and installed the Adept Runtime, and then the Waveforms software itself:

sudo apt install ~/Downloads/digilent.adept.runtime_2.27.9-armhf.deb
sudo apt install ~/Downloads/digilent.waveforms_3.20.1_armhf.deb

That seemed to go smoothly.

Then I plugged in my Analog Discovery 2 and launched Waveforms.  It found the hardware, then closed on its own.  So I tried it on the command line to see if it would print a useful error message:

aaron@Aaron-PiTab:~ $ /usr/bin/waveforms
Bus error
aaron@Aaron-PiTab:~ $ 

Running it with the USB unplugged, gets as far as to choose what to emulate, but as soon as I close that window, the whole thing closes too:

aaron@Aaron-PiTab:~ $ /usr/bin/waveforms
qt.accessibility.atspi: Sending TextCaretMoved from object that does not implement text interface:  QAccessibleInterface(0x1f87730 name="" role=Client obj=QLineEdit(0x1f87868)"focusable|invisible")
qt.accessibility.atspi: Sending TextCaretMoved from object that does not implement text interface:  QAccessibleInterface(0x1f87730 name="" role=Client obj=QLineEdit(0x1f87868)"focusable|invisible")
qt.accessibility.atspi: Sending TextCaretMoved from object that does not implement text interface:  QAccessibleInterface(0x1f914e8 name="" role=Client obj=QLineEdit(0x1f91938)"focusable|invisible")
qt.accessibility.atspi: Sending TextCaretMoved from object that does not implement text interface:  QAccessibleInterface(0x1f914e8 name="" role=Client obj=QLineEdit(0x1f91938)"focusable|invisible")
qt.accessibility.atspi: Sending TextCaretMoved from object that does not implement text interface:  QAccessibleInterface(0x1f9ae20 name="" role=Client obj=QLineEdit(0x1f9aed8)"focusable|invisible")
qt.accessibility.atspi: Sending TextCaretMoved from object that does not implement text interface:  QAccessibleInterface(0x1f9ae20 name="" role=Client obj=QLineEdit(0x1f9aed8)"focusable|invisible")
aaron@Aaron-PiTab:~ $ 

I have another Pi 4 that I installed a few months ago, and it works perfectly.  What's different now?

Edit: Rebooting doesn't help.

Edited by AaronD
More information

2 answers to this question

I had just updated earlier that day, but I tried again anyway.  Nothing to update.

--fix-broken didn't find anything broken either.

But the digilent.waveforms_beta_3.20.24_armhf.deb worked.  sudo apt installed it, shutdown, waited a couple seconds, started back up, and it's happy!

Thank you!