E-DIO24 Network Connection Errors

Dev08291997

Question

I have been receiving ErrorInfo value returns stating "SocketDisconnected" and "DeadDev" (Message is "Device has stopped responding") and "NetConnectionFailed" (Message is "Network connection failed") during the course of operation. The firmware of my device is 1.0 and I can't find anything from Microdaq or Diligent in the way of updates. These issues elicit dialog box messages stating the errors requiring manual confirmation that interferes with arranging a contingency like re-initializing (my software using .NET Universal Library). Are these errors indicative of the network they reside on? Does the firmware need updated/is there new firmware? Is there an updated InstaCal/driver package (these error dialog messages are coming from the driver obviously... I do not have dialog messages in my code. If it were not for them I may be able to contend with everything else.)?

1 answer to this question

It could be your network or the device. Could you try a direct connection to your PC's network card? If the network card is configured for a DHCP network, it will auto-link with it. Plug it into the Ethernet jack, cycle the power, and then run InstaCal. Click the Add Board icon, and on the dialog that appears, select ENET, which should appear in the available devices list. If you have problems, reset it to factory default and try again. If it works by auto-link, you may have a problem with your network. If you're wondering about a firmware update, there aren't any. We got it right on the first try.

https://files.digilent.com/manuals/E-DIO24.pdf