Time delay between acquisitions

Riccardo

Question

Hello, I recently started to use Waveforms in order to have a simple user interface to communicate with my Digilent Eclypse z7. I'm using it with two adc zmod1410 and a pmod da3. At the moment I'm trying to perform a continuous acquisition of a variable time length signal (in the order of seconds) varying the acquisition frequency during the acquisition. Which is the minimum time delay between two acquisitions of the scope in "repeated" mode?

Do you have any suggestion on how can I do with waveforms? I already managed to do it in a bare metal vhdl applications, but when it comes to make it easy to use from a PC I started to meet too many difficulties

4 answers to this question

Hi @Riccardo

Currently, subsequent captures are performed after the data has been retrieved from the device. Capture rate can be up to ~2000/s, but is limited by data transfer and latency, eg 0.5ms + samples*channels*2/transfer rate (~40MB/s with USB), link 1
By the end of the month, hope to have time to port the newly added Device Buffering for ADP3X50 to Eclypse, which has a latency of less than 1us, link 2

Ok I understand. 

At this point I have another question: is there any way I can modify the original code that is working on the FPGA in order to set up a continuous acquisition and manage it with waveforms?

Edited by Riccardo