Evaluating USB-234 under Labview 2020

jstar

Question

I have purchased a USB-234 DAQ device and trying to evaluate it under Labview. It works but not completely. I have followed the instructions to run Instacal and calibrate before launching Labview. 

1/ When I run the example VI called ULx Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi it works to stop and start until I unpower the DAQ. Then to restart it I need to stop Labview, start Instacal and recalibrate before starting a second time. This presents a problem for a user having to do this calibration every time the DAQ is restarted. Is there a remedy for this?

2/ If I want to read all 8 analog channels I try to write Dev0/Ai0:7 in the Physical Channels control, but it will not accept anything more than a single channel. What can I do to fix it?

3/ The installation didn't result in putting the ULx library in the right place but under a directory named LV23.0DIR64. This means the ULx VIs are not found under User Libraries as expected. How can I correct this? I have Labview 2020 installed.

5 answers to this question

The factory calibrates the device, so there is no need to recalibrate it. If you unplug the device with the example program loaded, you only need to restart LabVIEW after the device has been restored. If you have a compile program, then restarting it will do the same thing. It's important not to run InstaCal before restarting.

In the Physical Channels control, select Browse to list all channels, then use the control or shift key to select individual or groups of channels.

I don't know LV23.0DIR64. Our support to the following folders:

\National Instruments\Shared\ULx\

\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2023\Examples\

\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2023\Objmgr\

\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2023\Help\

Among others. 

The menu file should be in \National Instruments\LabVIEW 2023\User.Lib\ulx.mnu. If it's missing use the attached copy.

ULx.mnu

Thank you! Now issues 1/ and 2/ are fully solved. However for /3 there still is some confusion. There are \National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\ folders in both C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) so I'm not sure where to move the installed files. As I mentioned they all reside in a folder called LV23.0DIR64. I have attached a screen shot of how that folder is structured. Please guide me what to do next. My installation comes from running the mccdaq.exe application. Was that correct?

I don't recommend moving or copying our files. It will only lead to more trouble.

LabVIEW Is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors. When you install one of them, they add folders to both Program Files and Program Files (x86). You can tell which is real by looking under the LabVIEW 2020 folder. There should be a bunch of other folders. Looking under the other one, it will have only a resource folder. I wonder why you would have a folder named LV23.0DIR64 if you've installed LabVIEW 2020.

Uninstall our ULx for LabVIEW and reinstall it from mccdaq.exe. During the installation, it will look at your system and display the LabVIEW installations it finds. If it shows two or more versions, enable only LabVIEW 2020. Instead of trying to update all of them, it will target only one. Hopefully, everything will now be under \National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\