Arty Z7 user manual or working steps

Prakash

Question

Hi,

I just now received Arty Z7 evaluation board consisting of XC7Z020CLG400-1C FPGA. Before I join, somebody ordered this and was working. I found this in one of his drawers. I am not aware how to use this. Can anybody please help me in using this board? Or can share pin details/schematic/manual or something which can help me using this. I am using Vivado 2021.1 for programming Artix-7 XC7A75TFGG676-2L currently. When I saw this Zynq board thought of working on it.

Please help me in using it.

Thanks & Regards

Prakash

3 answers to this question

Hi @Prakash,

I don't know what your intended application is with Arty Z7 board or your level of experience in this field, but I would recommend taking a look at the Arty Z7 Resource Center, https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/arty-z7/start, where Digilent has curated a number of resources for this board including some tutorials and example projects.

Since you mentioned that you are using a different FPGA (an Artix 75T), using a Zynq SoC device will be similar with regards to using the Vivado and Vitis UI, but unlike an FPGA, interfacing with different features on the board (such as UART for a serial terminal or DDR memory) are abstracted away and tied to the ARM core processor that is present on the Zynq device, giving you some premade convenience at the more limited low level configurability.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

On 9/9/2023 at 1:22 AM, JColvin said:

Hi @Prakash,

I don't know what your intended application is with Arty Z7 board or your level of experience in this field, but I would recommend taking a look at the Arty Z7 Resource Center, https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/arty-z7/start, where Digilent has curated a number of resources for this board including some tutorials and example projects.

Since you mentioned that you are using a different FPGA (an Artix 75T), using a Zynq SoC device will be similar with regards to using the Vivado and Vitis UI, but unlike an FPGA, interfacing with different features on the board (such as UART for a serial terminal or DDR memory) are abstracted away and tied to the ARM core processor that is present on the Zynq device, giving you some premade convenience at the more limited low level configurability.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks for the response JColvin.

On 9/9/2023 at 1:22 AM, JColvin said:

Hi @Prakash,

Thanks,
JColvin

Actually, I am trying to use Arty Z7 for image processing. I have Xilinx Vivado 2021.1 with Vitis HLS 2021.1 which has library for processing the image/video. I want to implement on Z7 board. Hope this is supported!

I am new to Z7 as well as Vitis HLS. Hope you won't mind in helping on these. Surely I will look into the resources for Z7 and start working on it.

Regards

Prakash