Analog Discovery 2 USB

CWS

Question

Hi,

I have a problem with an Analog 2 not being recognized by my laptop. It had been working well but, after finishing some tests, was left connected to my laptop for a couple hours (all Waveform functions had been stopped). During this time the laptop went into sleep mode, although I noticed the LED on the AD2 was vflashing. On waking the laptop, the LED extinguished and the AD2 would not reconnect. Rebooting the PC and reconnecting the AD2 resulted in a USB device not recognized error

Screenshot2023-09-06201214.png.5ab019ef9d373064d1e98ae9ccfadcbe.png

Screenshot2023-09-06201500.png.c2b1c0460447b4510822831cb4e70e82.png

This is fault is replicated on another laptop and suggests the problem lies with the AD2. This unit has only recently been purchased - can I get an RMA or are there any tests I need to do before it can be returned / replaced?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Hi @attila, I checked the voltages and found 3.3 V at 5 V and no 1.8V. From the posts you linked this implies the USB chip is damaged. I checked the outputs from my laptop and these are OK, so difficult to understand why this happened. Please can you advise if this defect is covered by the warranty - the unit was only bought 2 weeks ago.

Thanks