Discovery BNC doesn't fit

JoshM

Question

So I just opened my Analog Discover 3, plugged in the Discovery BNC board I got with it, and connected CH1 to W1 using a standard BNC cable.  I have the Discovery BNC board set to 50 ohms and AC coupling, which were the defaults.

The BNC connectors don't fit all the way into the BNC board.  It's close.  But the center pin female on the board is too tight (and not perfectly centered).  I got one of them on all the way, and the other three mostly on.  If I push hard enough, I could probably stretch out the middle pin slot, but not sure if I should try.

Edited by JoshM

1 answer to this question

Hi @JoshM,

I'm guessing you figured out the earlier issue of the signal amplitude.

As for the BNC connectors on the BNC Adapter, these should also be the standard size, or at least I am not aware of any other size of BNC jacks.

For the random BNC to mini-grabber cables that I found at the office, some of them felt like the internal spring for the rotating locking ring mechanism on the BNC plugs needed to be stretched slightly farther than the wanted to be, but all of the cables connected securely, and as long as the center pins make contact that is the critical part.

Could you share a picture of what you mean by not perfectly centered?

Thanks,
JColvin