Analog Discovery Pro ADP3450 drops data in Network Analyzer if configured with large buffers.

Erich Schlecht

Question

I have an Analog Discovery Pro ADP3450. Using it in Network Analyzer mode, I tested it with the generator (#1) connected to Channel 1 & 2. If the configuration is set to the larger buffer, when sweeping from 1 to 10 kHz, the numbers drop out at multiple points in the vicinity of 2 kHz. If the configuration is set to the smaller option, there is no problem with the data.

I got it recently (March 2023) and it seems to work fine in oscilloscope mode using the larger buffer.

I don't think it's defective, just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

ADP3450 Large buffer loses data.JPG

ADP3450 small buffer data OK.JPG

3 answers to this question

Hi @Erich Schlecht,

I believe this is the result of a bug that was in version 3.20.1; I can't manage to find the Forum threads mentioning this to point at for you, but if I'm not mistaken the WaveForms developer fixed these errors in more recent beta versions of the WaveForms software (3.20.20 and 3.20.22). The most recent beta version which includes those fixes (among other additions and other changes) has been posted by the developer here:

Let me know if you have any questions or if the newer version does not resolve this for you.

Thanks,
JColvin