Additional Recommended Boards - AD3?

Zer0

Question

Hi all,

I'm an EE student looking to buy the AD3 to use in my amateur home lab space. Before ordering the Pro bundle (I own most of the student bundle components already), are there any expansion boards or components you'd recommend or see being useful down the line? I know I'll be using the oscilloscope and logic analyzer features a lot, right off the bat.

Thank you! : )

Sorry if this is the wrong area to ask, if it is please let me know where I should post it and I'll gladly move it.

1 answer to this question

Hi @Zer0,

Adapter wise, it really depends what you think you might be interested in measuring or learning about.

The full list of compatible accessories are available on the Analog Discovery 3 Resource Center here: https://digilent.com/reference/test-and-measurement/analog-discovery-3/start#accessories, but personally what I would be most likely to use (as opposed to own and have collect dust like too many other things in my house) would be the Impedance Adapter followed by Audio Adapter+.

Impedance Adapter because I would be fiddling and measuring with those sorts of details (especially in a student scenario) and Audio Adapter+ because I would be interested in measuring and trying to manipulate audio signals.

Of course, I'm biased as a Digilent employee, so take the above with a grain of salt.

Thanks,
JColvin