Digital Discovery to collect 16 bit SPI data - multiple slaves with same CS, CLK, MOSI and individual MISO

JAlaj

Question

Hello 

I am looking to use Digital Discovery to capture 16 bit SPI data on multiple slaves, all slaves will have CS, MOSI and CLK shorted, and MISO line will be individual for each slave. I want to capture continuous data for 24 hrs and dump it in a  text file

I also want to power up the part using same HW, so that i can capture SPI right after power up

Pls suggest, 

Thanks,

Jalaj

Hi @attila

So, if I understand you correctly, I configure and run my pattern with DigitalOut_SPI.py and then use DigitalIn_Spi_Spy.py to capture the data.  Correct?

I tried to run the my version of DigitalOut_SPI4.py (attached) but I can not see how to control the CS correctly.  Also, how do I insert hardware delays between frames? For example, if I wanted to burst SPI commands every 1ms.

Right now I have it set to repeat 2x, but I need the CS to go high between each frame.  Can you tell me how to do that?  See scope shot of CS staying low for both 32 clock frames.

Also, how do I get MSB first out instead of LSB first?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am new to this...I tried searching the forum for similar questions and answers.  

Thanks!

badSpiTransaction009.png

DigitalOut_SPI v4.py

Edited by bobql
Update

On 3/22/2024 at 7:38 PM, attila said:

Hi @Shalin

I spent a few days with this and then realized the approach I had chosen would not work.
Please don't wait for this, I don't know when I will have time to try to make it happen again.

Hello @attila

Thanks for taking out time to try incorporating I3C protocol in Digilent. I will still request you to please take out time and include I3C protocol in Digilent. This will help us to automate our hardware based on I3C protocol through LabView. 

Currently, we are using I3C Prodigy which uses its own GUI to run I3C scripts. This slows down our whole process since we need to run each and every script whereas, LabView speeds up the automation process.

I would be grateful if you can spend some time from your busy schedule and develop the I3C protocol in Digilent which can further help us in automation using LabView. 

Thanks,

Shalin

Edited by Shalin