Arty A7-35T

KTestEng

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm employing an Arty A7-35T in a project at my job and need to know, if possible, what temperature range the unit as a whole can operate within. For perspective, the A7 (if it can tolerate the temperature) will be in a heated enclosure, possibly for days. I've checked the manual I was able to find on Digilent's site but was not able to find that info. 

Thanks in advance,

1 answer to this question

Hi @KTestEng,

Digilent's devices are made with commercial grade parts; I haven't reviewed the parts list to see which individual component has the most restrictive range as per their manufacturer ratings, but off-hand I would guess that the operating temperature range is between 0 and ~80 degrees Celsius.

Naturally though, operating temperature range does not account for the ambient temperature as any hot components will have a harder time radiating off extra heat. For our enclosed products with power supply capabilities (Analog Discovery 3 as an example) we found the ambient temperature range was limited to 40 degree Celsius before you ran the risk of overheating components.

Arty A7-35T is not enclosed, so I would expect that it could handle a higher ambient temperature (along with the fact that it does not have dedicated power supply circuitry that will be the most likely to overheat), but Digilent does not have any details on how it would perform within a (presumably small) heated enclosure. A small fan would help of course, but I'm guessing your setup doesn't allow for moving / more exposed air.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll see if I can get some more precise details to answer them.

Thanks,
JColvin