WaveForm 2015 Communication Fail

riko

Question

Hi everyone.

Trying to tackle Analog Discover 2 with Wave Form 2015, I have encountered strange problem. 

First, when I launch the program, a warning pop-up appears(see the attached image). Afterwards another pop-up appears with the message "No device detected" though the serial number appears in the Device Manager window.

The device is connected to USB3 port, with the original cable, so the power shouldn't be the cause.

After I confirm selected configuration (despite all the messages) two things might happen in casual manner:

- Either the device start to work properly - which is the less probable situation

- OR, most of the time, an error message appear (see the image with the error sign).

The software is running on 64bit Windows 10.

Could you please help me troubleshoot the problem? 

Thank you in advance!

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

4 answers to this question

riko,

The answer to your question is in the last error popup window you show. The device requires 400mA and your USB port supply is 392mA. I found that even USB3 ports on laptops especially do not supply a steady level of current, or voltage for that matter. Consequently, I often will use external supplies for USB powered devices, and only use the USB port for communication, in order to avoid that very same issue you are experiencing.

Archived