A/D Board Model PCI-DAS6033 Not Detected

Kimberly

Question

Hello:

I ran InstaCal because my data acquisition software (Snapmaster) stated that my A/D board Model PCI-DAS6033 was not detected.  I've attached the InstaCal message here.

I have a fragile system and don't want to make any changes or lose the current configuration.  Where is board configuration stored other than the board? I want to make sure all files that have board configuration are backed up.  There is lots of custom configuration that I cannot lose.

I would like to discuss with someone my options in terms of repair/diagnosis of the issues with the A/D board.

Thank you!

InstaCal.jpg

3 answers to this question

Hello @Kimberly.

The cb.cfg file is in the 'C:\ProgramData\Measurement Computing\DAQ' folder.  Is the PCI-DAS6033 mentioned in the cb.cfg file?

Does your system have an available PCI slot to test with your PCI-DAS6033?

Which version of Windows and InstaCal are you using?

Is there a serial number label on the board?

Regards,

Fausto

Hi @Fausto:

Thank you for letting me know the location of the file.  ThePCI-DAS6033 is mentioned.

I don't know if my system has an additional PCI slot beyond the one that is has been plugged into for years. However, even if there is, I am concerned that switching slots would change the configuration.

Windows XP and I don't know the version of InstaCal but it was installed in 2012.  InstaCal closes completely when I hit cancel when the message in the initial post appears.

serial # 089878

Thank you!

Kimberly

@Kimberly,

Is that the only PCI-DAS6033 available?

Power off the system and try reseating the PCI board. 

Next, search for the 'inscal32.exe' file in your 'C:\Program Files\Measurement Computing\DAQ' folder, on your Windows XP system.  (Note: The folder will be 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Measurement Computing\DAQ' if you have a 64-bit OS.)  Right click on the InstaCal executable and select 'Properties'.  The details tab may give you the software version.

Regards,

Fausto