How to know the firmware version

Mathias G.

Question

Hi @attila !

I know how to get the software version but I need to get the firmware of the ADP. And, if it is possible how to downgrade the firmware because we have seen that with the new version, we have a problem that we don't have in the old version of firmware.

We have few ADP, and we use them to test in same condition with the same program. 

If I ask many questions, it's because I am in a research lab specialized in CPS and we are interested to use the ADP to characterize CPS so we need anything of really stable and with high capacity of memory (minimum 10 MS).

About the last point, can I get more than 32,768 samples with the single mode ?

Edited by Mathias G.

4 answers to this question

Hi @Mathias G.

Please let me know what problem you encountered.

In the newer software/firmware version with Standard Boot mode the Oscilloscope and Logic Analyzer captures directly in the DDR RAM and this let you capture 128Mi samples or 32Mi / channel at up to 125MHz. It also adds in device FIR/IIR channels, option for in device Scope to Wavegen signal or modulation routing, ability to capture Wavegen digital output and modulation... For these features I had to drop the backward compatibility of the new firmware with the record used in the older software.

image.png

The firmware version is show in the tool-tip:

image.png

To program the firmware from a specific software version, in the Device Manager hold down the Ctrl key (and wait or press Manual). The "My device..." and Update under Options should appear, select Update All.

image.png

1 hour ago, attila said:

Hi @Mathias G.

Please let me know what problem you encountered.

In the newer software/firmware version with Standard Boot mode the Oscilloscope and Logic Analyzer captures directly in the DDR RAM and this let you capture 128Mi samples or 32Mi / channel at up to 125MHz. It also adds in device FIR/IIR channels, option for in device Scope to Wavegen signal or modulation routing, ability to capture Wavegen digital output and modulation... For these features I had to drop the backward compatibility of the new firmware with the record used in the older software.

image.png

The firmware version is show in the tool-tip:

image.png

To program the firmware from a specific software version, in the Device Manager hold down the Ctrl key (and wait or press Manual). The "My device..." and Update under Options should appear, select Update All.

image.png

For these features I had to drop the backward compatibility of the new firmware with the record used in the older software. => That's exactly the problem that I have. No problem about that if we can use the single mode and get 128MiSamples in total. And in the software/firmware version 3.20.10 (but I just saw that you put a new beta version), I have the problem of stability with the record mode. It's why we want to downgrade the firmware.

102_AnalogIn_SamplingClock_test_GM.py

Edited by Mathias G.

2 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @Mathias G.

Have you try without Record ? as the example I gave you earlier:

The Record is more complicate (to use and internally), it is intended to capture large amount (or unlimited) number of samples using data streaming.

Yes, single mode works as expect but we need to have a large amount number of samples so it's why we start with this mode. As I say, I notice that a new version without the delay when the trigger is set to 0 for the record mode. But I try and I have again a random delay with the record mode, so I gonna try with the single mode, which is more easily.